Gimmie Some Sugar! Old Family Recipes Shared! Enjoy!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Pie Pt. 1

This is labled part one because I followed the recipe to the T, and I think it could use some tweaking. When I do it again, I'll post it, with the tweaks. This turned out great, but I think it needs more peanut butter and more sugar. If you read this and make some tweaks, comment and let me know how it goes!

Ok, let's get started! First let me introduce my assistants!
My youngest daughter, Amber and one of my adopted kids from the neighborhood, Zoe. 
This recipe makes 2 pies. So get out 2 pie crust and throw em on a cookie sheet.
 Preheat your oven to 325.
Add 1 Cup of softened butter to the mixer and beat until creamy.
Add 1 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar to the butter.

Add 2 Eggs one at a time to the mixture. Mix well after each one.

Measure out 1 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar, 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour and 1Teaspoon of Baking Soda. Set aside.

Scrape the sides of the bowl down well.

Add to the mix 1 Cup of Peanut Butter. 

 Mix it up!

 Add the Flour that you set aside to the peanut butter mixture.


 The mixture will be thick. So to make this even more awesome in my mind, I was thinking....
 Add Peanut Butter Chips to it!


 Mix, mix, mix! Use your 2 best tools, your hands!

 Divide between 2 unbaked pie shells.
 Flatten it all out. I cant think of a technical term to use, so just slap it in there and try to make it as level as you can.

 So...I was thinking...peanut butter cookies. Lets go old school! So we grabbed 2 forks and made the old school thatch marks on top!!

Then I was thinking...old school peanut butter cookies are rolled in sugar...sprinkle some sugar on top!!

Throw em in the oven! Bake for 30 minutes.
There are no finished "ta da" pics of this one, cuz they cut into it immediately. In my opinion, it needs more sugar and more peanut butter. It is good, but I think I can make it really awesome next time. If you make this, remember to post! I wanna know how it comes out!!

~Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment