Gimmie Some Sugar! Old Family Recipes Shared! Enjoy!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Heath Bar Cookie Pie

Ok, in my kitchen, I have tons of cookbooks, and such and I always follow a recipe to the T the first time. After that I do my own tweaks. This is my tweak to a Nestle Cookie Pie. Yes, the original is to die for, but I know you will just Loooove this! This is a new favorite in my house!

Quick note, I bought deep dish pie shells by accident, so the pies weren't all the way full. Im going to give you the recipe for one pie, but you'll be better off making two once you taste it!
Ok, lets go!

Preheat your oven to 325.
Beat 2 large eggs until foamy.


In another bowl add the following-
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour

Mix and add to the beaten eggs.
Then it will look like this.
Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Add 3/4 Cup Softened Butter to the mixer.
Mix butter in well. 
Scrape the sides of the bowl and remove from mixer (if you have a stand mixer that is).

To the batter add 1 Cup Of Semi Sweet Chocolate chips and 1 Cup of Heath Bar pieces.
Mix well and add to an unbaked pie crust. Again, this will not fill a deep dish pie shell, but Im a rebel and did it anyway. LOL

So this is already gonna make you wanna slap your momma, but if you really wanna go balls to the wall... do what I did..
Add more Heath Bar pieces on top!!  Ok, throw that bad boy into your preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.

 When it comes out it looks like this...

This has a crispy top and a chewy gooey inside that will every choco-holic will love! Make this once, and they will asking you when you'll be making it again! With only a few ingredients it's pretty easy. Try it with other candy bars, just think about it, butterfingers...snickers would be fantastic!! Oh, Im gonna have to get on that one myself. If you try any, let me know how it went!!

She survived the first holiday dessert! She was so proud of herself! This is my daughter, Nyambi.


Would love your comments, questions and suggestions!!

~Megan




0 comments:

Post a Comment