Gimmie Some Sugar! Old Family Recipes Shared! Enjoy!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kids In The Kitchen!

I am a firm believer in getting the kids into the kitchen. I have found that you can get them to try new foods if you get them to help you prepare meals and they are more likely to continue to try new things. They feel rewarded when they have seen what they have created and I love to watch their faces as simple ingredients come together before their eyes.
And in baking it's a math and a science class all in one. There are formulas to baking. And I find the best way to challenge my little darlings is to double a brownie or cookie recipe and have them figure out the right measurements. Hey, if they get it right, they get to lick the spoon or have the first bite of whatever they have concocted.
Im also writing this post because it's the holiday season and the next few posts that I will be adding include kids in the kitchen. My daughters and their friends. I woke up to seven kids this morning all wanting to bake something. The neighborhood kids all call me Momma Megan and Deidra, Momma Deidra. They are cute kids, and are so helpful.
So get some kids in the kitchen! If you don't have any Im sure you have a niece or nephew or a neighbor kid that would love to be able to add to or mix up something!
Have fun with em!

~Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment